cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line rental fee?

Nightgaunt
On our wavelength

As Virgin are about to switch everyone to an internet based telephone service I assume there will be no line rental fee as part of my bill as currently?

I'm already paying for internet so I expect the total cost of my package to reduce by the cost of lune rental, can anyone confirm?

If not then I'll be ditching home phone as its neither practical (cannot site a phone near my hub) nor am I prepared to pay "line rental" on something I already pay for.

19 REPLIES 19

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your paying line rental one way or other, its irrelevant how its displayed on your bill.

£15 Broadband + £15 Line Rental = £30

£30 Broadband = £30

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Nightgaunt

Thanks for your post 🙂 

As advised by jb66, this will still be charged at the normal rate if you have a phone with us. 

We're still providing the service as normal, it's just in a different way. 

Hope this helps. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

So are you saying even those without home phone are currently paying line rental as part of their bill?

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Nightgaunt.

Line rental is part of the cost yes, it is included in the full price for their package they would of signed up for.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Looks like I'll be ditching your service in that case as my hub is located in an area where I can't use a phone.

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Nightgaunt wrote:

So are you saying even those without home phone are currently paying line rental as part of their bill?

Those without a home phone service at all don't have any costs for it in their bundle.

But if you have the service provided via either method, even if you don't use it, there is a charge for it.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Every broadband company charges line rental, it is not charging you for a landline @Nightgaunt.

I am sorry that you are unhappy with this.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Hayley, it is worth making clear that Virgin Media do only charge home phone line rental when customers have the home phone service.

Any cost for Virgin Fibre includes providing that to the home and the kit required.

This is different to some Openreach based providers who will have a required charge for a home phone in order to provide the broadband.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

If the customer is not using the home phone they will not be charged extra landline costs, line rental is included in the broadband price @BenMcr.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team