cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line rental - OneTel

dm001g7333
Joining in

Hello,

I cannot make outgoing calls even though I have a dial tone - incoming calls are working OK.

According to my Virgin bill I have a calling plan and am paying Virgin for line rental.

I recently cancelled a call plan I had with Fleur Telecom. That cancelleation became effective last week and since then, whenever I try to make a call, I can hear a message that mentions OneTel and that I don't have a call plan.

I think that in the past I had line rental with OneTel - but I have not paid either OneTel or TalkTalk for Line Rental for many years.

So, I assume that something is not right with my Line Rental which is causing my calls to go out through OneTel even though I am paying Virgin for my Line Rental.

Any ideas how I get this resolved? 

2 REPLIES 2

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @dm001g7333 thanks for your post although I'm sorry to her of your concerns raised.

Can you please clarify how your phone line is connected? Are you still connected to your standard telephone socket that you used with OneTel, or are you now connected directly into your Virgin Media Hub, as this is how our phone lines should be connected please?

Many thanks

Tom_W

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin have their own telephone lines and master sockets separate from the BT/Openreach network that other companies operate on. You cannot use these companies through a Virgin line as Virgin have their own telephone exchanges. I think it likely you are still using your Openreach line & not the Virgin one.

New customers are connected directly to Virgin hubs now, but I have the feeling you have been a Virgin customer for some time, so would still be on the legacy system.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks