Menu
aricalan
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Line cord fault after automated call

I recieved an automated call which said it was from Virgin yesterday.  The message was followed by a high pitched whine.  Ever since the call the phones have not worked and display a 'Line cord fault'.  I didn't really listen to the automated call as I thought it was a scam.  As no phones work I assume it is a fault outside somewhere but dont understand why the automated message created this problem

0 Kudos
CybeRocK
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Line cord fault after automated call

Hi, do you have another phone you can try connecting to you main socket to see if its working?

- Although I am a Virgin Media service technician, the responses given on here are from my personal experience in the field and should be taken as such -
If I was able to help you please let others know by marking my answer as helpful. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo 🙂
0 Kudos
DHughes1
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

With the number of line chord faults reported by several individuals does not suggest it is all handset issues? Can any one help with these problems?

0 Kudos
aricalan
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your suggestion, however no change using different handsets

0 Kudos
mitch84
Superfast
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

We need someone from VM to check this issue, as said me and a few other have same issue, luckily I have a mobile but some may not and so this should be an urgent matter that needs investigating.
0 Kudos