cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line cord error

91_sd
Joining in

For the past few days I’ve not been able to make or receive phone calls on the landline. First I thought it was the handset which I replaced but I’m still having the same issue and a line cord error message.

My broadband is working fine however so it can’t be a payment issue. I also did a status checker and it said everything in my area was fine.

Anyone else having this issue too?

Any help would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi 91_sd, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you're having an issue with your landline. 

• You've mentioned there is an error message - can you expand on what this message is please? 
  • Do you have another socket? If so, are you able to try your handset in that? Any difference?
  • When calling any number, do you get any tone?
  • When receiving calls, does your landline ring at all?

If you can come back and let me know the answers to the above. It's possible we may need to get an engineer out to you so please ensure you come back to us here 🙂

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath,

• I tried to switch hand sets and then got a check phone line error message too. There was no explanation on this message and again I wasn't able to make or receive calls.
  • I do not have another socket to test the phones on unfortunately.
  • When i dial the number, i get the sound of the numbers dialing but then it's just silent after that.
  • When i try to call the landline, i don't get any tone or anything. It's just quiet.

Thank you

Hi @91_sd,

Thank you for checking and expanding on this for us. I'm really sorry to hear that this issue is sadly ongoing.

I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so we can take some extra details and have a closer look at things. Please respond to this when you can and we'll proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @91_sd,

Thank you for reaching out to me via private message. As we discussed there, a technician visit has now been scheduled and booked to get this looked into.

I'm unable to confirm the date/time of the booking publicly for security reasons, but you can check and manage/reschedule the appointment if needed via your My Virgin Media online account.

Let us know how the visit goes for you either way.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!