Menu
AMS007
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Line cord error

I have been with Virgin media for a while, I am using handset BT 6500. Recently I have been receiving A message ( line cord Error) so not able To make not receive call. I have been calling from mobile virgin and stay waiting for 40 minutes then line disconnects maybe busy due to corona virus.

any suggestions please? The broadband is working fine.

Thank you 

0 Kudos
VMtech2
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Line cord error

hi there,

firstly i would like to ask is your phone connected to master socket on the wall or connected through the hub with a voip set up?
also do you have a spare handset that you could try to rule out a potential issue with the handset.

thanks
mitchell

vm field technician

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
AMS007
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

thank you for your reply 

the phone connected to separate phone socket.

the hub has different separate socket

i will try to find another old corded handset as I don’t have one 

0 Kudos
VMtech2
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

hi,

no probelm thankyou for getting back to me. if you still have issues with this when trying a different phomne preferably all different leads too then contact our 1st line chat team to try and raise a fault call

thankyou

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
AMS007
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi 👋 

I tried another corded handset but still not working 

thank you 

0 Kudos
DHughes1
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

- we have had the same please check line chord message on our phone since Wednesday with no incoming or outgoing calls possible. If I dial our house phone from a mobile sometimes it is unobtainable other times you get one ring on mobile followed by message to be left, other times will ring on mobile for some time - at no point does the display on the home phone change. I have not been able to get hold of anyone at Virgin re this 

0 Kudos
NeilWynn
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Looks like no one gets any solution to this problem but like me gets sent round and round in circles ...

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi NeilWynn,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community , I am sorry to see you have an issue with your home phone.

I have had a look at things our end and can see you have spoken to our faults team, what have they advised ?

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos