cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line cord error

paulcarter55
On our wavelength

Can't use landline at all. No dial tone. Virgin want me to call a 4 digit number to find my zone but how do I do that when the phone doesn't work! All connections (into router) good and phone fully charged. Tried re-booting router but all that did was reduce my already poor Internet speed even more (haven't had reliable broadband or speed above 150 mbs for weeks). Virgin checker says there are no faults in my area. Please help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

No red light and tried reseating the phone cord in the router. Don't get many calls but phone was working 2 days ago. Only noticed the line cord error on the phone screen this evening. Sooo wish I'd stayed with Plusnet, only had Virgin 6 months and not been reliable half that. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi paulcarter55,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear that you currently have no dial time on your landline, even after a reboot of the router.

Can we ask if you're telephone symbol is flashing red on the front of your router? Have you tried unplugging the landline cord from the router and re-seating this?

Can you please the above and come back to us, if the no dial tone still continues.

Kind regards Jodi. 

No red light and tried reseating the phone cord in the router. Don't get many calls but phone was working 2 days ago. Only noticed the line cord error on the phone screen this evening. Sooo wish I'd stayed with Plusnet, only had Virgin 6 months and not been reliable half that. 

Thank you for that information. We are sorry for any frustration with this. 

We will look into this further for you. I will private message you so we can confirm some information.

^Martin

Many thanks for your time Martin 

You're welcome. 

^Martin

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for chatting with me over Private Message paulcarter55.

I'm glad this all seems to be resolved now. 

^Martin