cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line cord error message

PhilHickling
Joining in

Please can someone help - our landline, which is used for a business has not been working for 2 days due to the line cord error message. Help pages on Virgin website are useless. How can this be resolved?

5 REPLIES 5

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @PhilHickling,

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry to hear you're having some issues with your landline. 

Have you tried troubleshooting here- Why is my Virgin Landline not working?

If you need further support, let us know.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for your reply. I did try that and nothing there helped. I have tried taking the line out and putting it back in and nothing has worked. Service status in my area shows issues with TV but phone and broadband are allegedly ok!

Thanks for checking! 

I'd love to look into this further for you and help get things resolved 🙂

Will pop you a PM now so we can confirm some details first.

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope icon in the top right hand corner of your page for my message.

Speak soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming the requested details via PM @PhilHickling,
I've booked a technician for you to come out and have a look into the issue with your landline. You can find confirmation of the visit via your online account.

Please let me know if there are any problems with the date or time and I can look to reschedule this for you. In regards to the appointment there are some details you need to know about. There will be no charge for this visit unless:

•The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can also do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Let us know how the visit goes!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for the update via PM @PhilHickling

So pleased to hear the engineer was able to get things resolved for you 😄

If you need help with anything else, just give us a shout.

Cheers!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team