cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letter about home phone moving from landline to fibre

andrewmartin364
Tuning in

Got a letter from Virgin Media saying that on 27 October they are changing my phone from landline to fibre.  I am required to do a couple of things but not told how..    Calling 150 only gets you into a maze of voicemail options

Has anyone else had this letter?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you Tony

The letter does not specifically mention VOIP but otherwise is more or less what you say.

I managed to contact  someone on 150 and was very disturbed.  The person continually spoke too fast despite many requests to slow down.   Person tried to explain what was happening all of which was in the letter which person had not seen.  Kept pausing and asking if I agreed to what was proposed as if trying to amend the contract and then claim I had agreed.  Seems very tricky behaviour..  

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @andrewmartin364,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues getting in touch with us in order to discuss the home phone switchover.

We understand that this can be a very frustrating process. However, we would advise you contact us by calling in on 150/ 03454541111. The automated system is in place to help navigate your needs and put you through to the correct team who can assist. 

Best time to call would be between 8am-10am when our call queues are at their lowest. Our team will be able to assist you with this query further.

Keep us updated on your call and let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Sorry, Paulina.

Does not work

I select options relevant to "landline" and it only wants to deal with an existing fault or it asks for an account password which in my case I do not have.

Please can I speak to someone who can answer a question?  Or are you also a robot?

Hi Andrew.

Thanks for coming back to us, we are sorry to see you still haven't been able to speak to us in regards to the change over of your Telephone line, you can text the issue you are having to 0753 305 1809 and a member of the team will aim to respond within 24 Hours.

In regards to not knowing your password this is not a issue as we can ask alternative security questions and once security is cleared we will be able to help further, if it is just general questions in regards to the switchover we can help here also.

Regards

Paul.   

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

2 [non] VM replies - with respect @Paul_DN and @Paulina_Z why not try and help rather than pointing the OP to the phone lines which he has already said were not helpful

to the OP - not seen the letter and its the first time i have seen mention of it on here - but VM like all isp's ? are moving from the old land line system to voip - that means you plug your phone or an extension box into the hub - only the hub3 and hub4 have that facility so if you dont have either of those then you will need one - you need an adaptor to plug a standard phone in - not sure if VM now supply those as standard with the hub - if you have extension connections around the house then they will need disconnecting from the existing incoming landline and connecting to the hub in some way - i dont think VM will do that but they can fit a new master socket from the hub - they seem not to offer that unless

1 - you know about it and

2 - you ask

if for any reason you dont have a hub3 or hub4 and want to keep the hub you have then you cannot have a voip landline so you would need to remove that from your package and under normal circumstances that would start a new contract and [stupidly] may cost you more each month as you could lose package discounts

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hi Andrew,

What things it is asking you to do, I will be more than happy to try and help you further and if we do need to look into the account I will be more than happy to invite you into a private chat and ask you alternative Security questions if required.

So I can do this I would need to invite you into a private chat, I will send a invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept?

Regards

Paul.

Thank you Tony

The letter does not specifically mention VOIP but otherwise is more or less what you say.

I managed to contact  someone on 150 and was very disturbed.  The person continually spoke too fast despite many requests to slow down.   Person tried to explain what was happening all of which was in the letter which person had not seen.  Kept pausing and asking if I agreed to what was proposed as if trying to amend the contract and then claim I had agreed.  Seems very tricky behaviour..  

Hi Andrew,

I am sorry you didn't get the information or the support you wanted when calling, I will be more than happy to help further and answer all you questions, I have sent a invite into a private chat, once I receive your response I will be more than happy to help further.

Kind regards

Paul.

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Paul_DN with respect why does this need to go to pm - this surely is a technical change and whist initially it may be account related the change had nothing to do with an account other than you need to check what if anything is noted - that i accept is private

the actual change from standard landline to voip is [as i say] not private and i suggest the answer is of interest to the wider community if this is a change VM are now putting forward to users of standard landlines

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hi Tony,

Thank you I wish to help with his queries and also stop the issue with not being able to speak to us due to security happening again, 

Regards

Paul.