Walter1561
Joining in

Do I have to use the hub for my landline or can I use the wall socket 

3 REPLIES 3

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Walter1561,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and for your query! 

This completely depends on your at-home set up. When you joined our services, were you advised as to how to connect your landline? We are in the process in switching our customers over to the new Home Phone Switchover where the landline is connected via the broadband router. If you're unsure about how to set this up, you can follow our How To Set Up Home Phone instructions page on our website. The old copper (socket) connections are becoming less and less reliable and this new connection is more stable.

Please let me know if you have any further questions, and I'll be happy to assist further.

Thank you. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I’ve connected the phone to the hub and it works fine but we have a virgin landline in the hall and would prefer to have the phone there. We had virgin services under a different account until yesterday but the phone line stopped working the day before. Could there be a problem with the landline box 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Walter1561,

Thank you for coming back to me and confirming that your landline works through being connected to the Hub.

If your landline services have been switched over to the 21st Century Voice (when landline is connected to the Hub), then the phone sockets will not work as they are not the active landline connection option. 

Unfortunately, we cannot re-activate the wall socket connections as we're moving on from that type of connection and are working on having all of our customer's landlines to be connected via the Hub.

If you're looking to move your landline, have you considered purchasing cordless phones which you can move around the house?

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs