cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline

suemog
Joining in

Landline just gone down again... getting quite regular this. Was on the phone to my friend and it started clicking and knocking then went off ...when friend tried to call back it said temporarily out of order. It is and never has been my equipment. Phoned for line check and just keeps saying phone back after 10 minutes for results ...but I never get any 🙄🙄

26 REPLIES 26

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @suemog,

I am sorry to see that your landline is not working.

What noises do you hear when trying to use the landline? Can you only receive calls rather than make them?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Neither incoming or outgoing as before. Sounds like line is open as previous messages. I actually got a call last time (after it had been mended from VM in Bristol saying I always notice before they do that there is something wrong and they’ve put me on priority list. It was as usual something in the main box so needs seeing to. He thought last time it was due to water getting into the box but lasttime it hadn’t rained for weeks. 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for confirming this.

I will send you a private message so I can get something arranged for you 🙂

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

As per the same answer to previous questions... I do not require any engineers to my address.

please look back on recent complaints (2 weeks ago via Zach) the faults have always been in the main box

and after several previous visits by engineers there’s been nothing wrong with my equipment but always on your side. 

I don’t see why I should keep paying for mobile calls when I’m paying you so I will have to start claiming back if it is getting quite regular. Please Sort out your main boxes 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

We have noted that the box needs checking, the appointment will still be taking place.

I can see the complaint is being worked at the moment, I will update the notes with this conversation also.

I can not promise this resolution, I will need to raise this with my manager to find out.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

Surprise surprise my phone line is working again without any engineers coming to my house 😏

I’ll let you know when there’s a fault again hopefully without using too much money on my mobile 

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the update @suemog

I'm glad to hear the landline is now working. If you have any further issues, please let us know and we'll happily look into things for you. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team