cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline

Nishniche
Tuning in

I have no dialling tone having plugged in my new handset. I have tried calling for help but the message said none was available. How do I book in a technician to come round?

7 REPLIES 7

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Nishniche,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am very sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with your landline service recently. Are you getting no dial tone at all? Is your handset connected to the service via the wall socket, or via an adapter into the router?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach, thanks for replying. The phone connects directly into the wall. It hasn’t been in use for a long time….

Hi @Nishniche,

Thank you for confirming that. So that I can take a closer look at things and assist you further, I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments.

Please respond to this when you can and we'll proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi @Nishniche,

Thank you for getting back to me via private message so we could investigate. As we discussed there, a technician visit has now been scheduled and booked.

I'm unable to confirm the date/time of the booking publicly for security reasons, but you can check and manage the appointment if needed via your My Virgin Media online account.

A fault technician visit is free of charge unless one of the below instances apply:

•    You are not present for the technician visit.
•    The fault is due to your own equipment.
•    The fault is due to damage caused by yourself or someone at the premises which we were not aware of.
•    The fault is due to theft, loss, or removal of equipment.

If any of the above apply, there will be a £25 charge which will be added to the next monthly bill.

You can find more information about this here.

Let us know how the visit goes either way.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

Hi @Nishniche,

As advised, if you need to reschedule/manage your appointment you can do this via your My Virgin Media online account.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

Shame you didn’t read my message I said except that date/time and a coupe of others. Be more careful with your next customer

Hi @Nishniche,

I do apologise for any confusion. Let me know if there's anything more that we can help you out with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team