cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline

Aaron72
Tuning in

I had Virgin Broadband Band Hub 5 and landline installed on Friday the 17th of February. The Broadband is working however the landline has not been working since installing. I spent 2 days trying to find out why? I was told that my equipment had not been installed wasn’t due to be installed until the 10th of March. 
The original installation was partially completed, and the engineer made a temporary repair on the outside cable. 
So I’m in limbo. Only saving grace is i will still be within my 14 days of cancellation until the 2nd of March. So i will be activating my right on the 1st of the month. 

11 REPLIES 11

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Aaron72,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your landline at the moment, I have looked into this and can see that your install hasn't been fully completed yet, so the phone line would only work, when you have been fully installed.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks Steven, 

Did you also see the photo attached showing the Health and Safety hazard that has been left outside my property? 
That is why I was wondering what would happen when someone trips on the cables and either goes headfirst into the ground or the wall or even my car? 
Aaron. 

Thanks for coming back to us Aaron72, I cannot see any photos attached to your post.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

The photo should be with my details I sent them to the sales representative yesterday. 

Thanks for coming back to us Aaron72, sorry we don't have access to anything that you have been sent over to the sales team. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

If I could work out how to send a picture here I could send you it. 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Aaron72 wrote:

If I could work out how to send a picture here I could send you it. 

Use the camera icon, in the toolbar, when you are composing a post to insert a photo. You will probably need to resize it down in size/resolution if taken with a modern smartphone.

How did the VM tech repair the cable outside (a bright orange waterproof junction/gel box is a common method to repair a cable)? Did the VM tech mention anything about you needing your cable to be replaced if it was damaged?

The engineer taped up the temporary fix with yellow tape and it I was told it required a new cable run from the main box at the top of the road into the box on the road outside my property. The road was dug up and resurfaced and the main cable was cut during that time. 

Thanks for coming back to us Aaron72, please could you add a picture to your post and I will get this raised with the appropriate team?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L