cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline

Vm9469
Tuning in

Have just rang virgin media to get caller display added on my landline.

I was transferred 3 different times and on the final time I was transferred an automated voice asking for an employer number and then another automated message to say person not available and then the line went dead. 

7 REPLIES 7

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Vm9469,

Welcome back, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issue with getting this added.

Have you checked our website for landline calling features? To see the costs of this add on (If any)

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Vm9469 I was under the impression that Caller Display was enabled on all VM line by default and should not need to be enabled, are you sure it isn't a fault with your phone?

Not sure why @Hayley_S is pointing you at the landline fees page when Caller Display is a free feature.

My setup: VM TV 360 box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @SCA1972,

Thanks for jumping on the thread, I did say (If any) As I am aware there are no extra costs, I just wanted to show how our call features work, hence why I supplied the link.

@Vm9469 - Please do let us know if you have tried using a different handset.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Did not know it was a VM feature Remember when it 1st came out. Could get it on BT but back when Nynex had just became Cable & Wireless it was not available. Forgot all about it till recently.

Without ringing VM again us there a way I can check myself if I have the feature enabled. Recently had my phone number changed, would that make a difference. 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us regarding this @Vm9469.

Have you tried using a different handset to see if the Caller ID works?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Vm9469 wrote:

Did not know it was a VM feature Remember when it 1st came out. Could get it on BT but back when Nynex had just became Cable & Wireless it was not available. Forgot all about it till recently.

Without ringing VM again us there a way I can check myself if I have the feature enabled. Recently had my phone number changed, would that make a difference. 

@Vm9469 In the past it was a chargeable add on, but a few years ago VM decided to give it to everyone for free.

As long as you have a landline handset that supports Caller Display (also referred to as Caller ID by some manufacturers) you can test it by calling your landline from another phone, mobile is probably easiest, and see if it displays the number of the phone you are calling from.  A change of number shouldn't make a difference.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Good Morning @Vm9469, can you please provide us with an update on the Caller ID?

I understand some landline features can take approximately 24 hours to add to the service, were you possibly offered any kind of time frame for when this was due to be activated when speaking to our team?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn