cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline

Kath71
Joining in

Landline is completely down with no ring tone. Have checked connection and status all ok.

7 REPLIES 7

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Kath71

Sorry to hear this

Have you tried an different phone in the socket

Do you have this though a traditional socket or through the hub 

Was it here where you checked?

Gareth_L

Have two phones linked to socket neither work. 

When will my phone line be fixed as I rely on it?

Hi there @Kath71

I'm so sorry to see you are facing this issue with your landline and thank you for trying the alternative handset. 

I think it would be best for us to get an engineer round so they can take a look at what is happening.

I will send you a PM now so we can arrange this, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you.

Hello @Kath71

Thanks so much for your private message and confirming your address, I have now booked you a visit for your landline issue – you can check the date and time via your online account here. If you have any issues with accessing your online account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to confirm.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
•    The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment

Thank you 

Just to let you know had reported that for 5 days before Christmas unable to make calls to Ireland promised would be fixed by Boxing Day. Instead unable to make any calls as phone completely down. £25 charge should not apply as not been receiving service paying for.

I understand and I am so sorry that this was not resolved sooner. 

The charge would not be applicable if this is due to a fault on our side, only if the fault matches the criteria given. 

Please do let us know how things go after the appointment.

Thank you again.