cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline

suemog
Joining in

Landline just gone down again... getting quite regular this. Was on the phone to my friend and it started clicking and knocking then went off ...when friend tried to call back it said temporarily out of order. It is and never has been my equipment. Phoned for line check and just keeps saying phone back after 10 minutes for results ...but I never get any 🙄🙄

26 REPLIES 26

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @suemog,

Thank you for your post. I am so sorry to hear you're having some ongoing problems with your landline services.

Have you checked our Service Status page for any reported issues in your area? If there are, it'll detail an estimated fix date/time and you can sign up to receive email and/or SMS updates. You can also run line tests if you sign in.

Can you also confirm any diagnostics and troubleshooting you've performed thus far regarding this?

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Ive done the test on vm site and I’ve phoned from my mobile .... as usual you wait ages and then it says it’s taking longer than usual and phone back in ten minutes then I go through same thing again. It’s exactly the same as before and sounds like an open line.... they’ll have not done something in that main box on the street as before 

Hi @suemog,

I understand that you have that issue when you call as you mentioned in your earlier post. However, can you confirm what it states when you use the online Service Status tool using the link that I provided earlier?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Just says not found any problems in my area..... as it has said every other time but it’s always mended later 🤔😏

Hi @suemog,

Thank you for checking and confirming that.

Can you clarify what issues you're having with the landline service exactly? Is there no dial tone? Is there noise on the line? Are you unable to make and/or receive calls? If you're having problems receiving calls, do you know what happens exactly when someone tries to call you on their end of the line? etc.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

I was in the middle of a call and it started a clicking /knocking noise and went off. My friend tried to ring back and it said temporarily out of order. When I ring it from my mobile it does 3 bleeps. I can’t get a dialling tone and it sounds like the line is open as previous times 

Hi @suemog,

Thanks for expanding. I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so that we can take a closer look.

Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and then we can proceed from there in getting this sorted out ASAP for you.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

Hi @suemog,

Thank you for sending the requested details over to us in private message as requested. I've ran some tests on your line and I'm not seeing any issues being detected there.

Do you have any other sockets in the home that you can connect the phone into, and/or do you have another landline phone you can test? This will help us to eliminate if this is an equipment related issue.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

I have another socket upstairs and that phone not on either ...just like other times. I have had several engineers here this year and the last one that came said I’m going to the main box round the corner before I come inside...after a few minutes I got a call and it was him saying he’d found the fault. Then the caller ID wasn’t working so had to get that back on ... please get someone to check the box on Scot Lane or St Marks Avenue