cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline voicemail

Shagri1970
Tuning in

Hi, again I see a lot of people not having the voicemail available following setup.

could you pm me so that we can get this sorted please.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi yes thank you that worked.

why did we have to go through so many messages when all I needed to know was dial 1571 to set it up?!!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Shagri1970,

Welcome back, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issue with you landline voicemail.

Can you please tell me if it was working previously? Have you recently changed handsets at all?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Hayley, thanks for getting back to me.

the broadband and phone were only put in last Saturday so this is the first time we have noticed.

thanks

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the update @Shagri1970,

We can help you with this, it should of come as part of your package for free. Not sure why it is not working.

Have you tried 'Setting up your voicemail' from our website help page? 

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Yes but if you follow the link it takes you to the Mobile Voicemail page.

this has been mentioned numerous times by other users on this forum.

Hi @Shagri1970, thanks for your reply.

That is strange - I've tried it myself and it has directed to the Landline version.

Can you try the following?

Install your Virgin Media home phone and dial 1571 for Free Voicemail.
Follow the set up instructions, that only play the first time you ring this number. You can also record a voicemail greeting for up to 30 seconds with up to 5 seconds to say your name.

Please let us know how you get on?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi yes thank you that worked.

why did we have to go through so many messages when all I needed to know was dial 1571 to set it up?!!

Hi Shagri1970. Glad to hear this is resolved for you. Thank you for letting us know. 

Our questions are to help check and diagnose the issue or fault that you are experiencing, my apologies that it was a simpler fix then perhaps previously thought. Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :).

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley