cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline upgrade

SophieBoxall
Tuning in

Having received a letter end Dec advising me to call virgin media to arrange for a technician as my landline is switching to fibre and would otherwise be cut off, I did so and was advised necessary adaptor would be sent to me on 7/2/23. Nothing arrived so I chased today 17/2. Was told I would next receive a text to tell me what will happen. I have since received 3 emails (and as yet no text) basically telling me what great service they offer and to call 150 but no info as to whether I will a) receive an adaptor or b) if a technician will call. I don’t understand how i  am now to trying to resolve an issue virgin has created but is not fixing so assume I’ll just lose our landline, despite paying for it?

Honest to god, the customer service at virgin is shocking. Any help would be appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8

Client62
Hero

One of these ... RJ11 to BT socket adaptor 

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi SophieBoxall,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your landline services looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

I can see @Client62 has already offered a link so you can order an adaptor yourself, we can also email the local area field manager (AFM) to ask them if an engineer can drop off an adaptor for you.

Please let us know if this is something you'd like us to do if you've not already purchased one yourself 🤗

Thanks,

Megan_L

I wasn’t aware I need to pay for anything? I already lay virgin a lot of money for their service and they are changing this…

Hi SophieBoxall, 

Don't worry, you don't need to pay for the adaptor if you need us to drop one off your you. 

The link Client62 gave is for a 3rd party website, so that is nothing to do with us - However I wasn't sure if you had already gone ahead with purchasing it. 

Would you like us to go ahead with getting an adaptor dropped off? 

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi Megan

If that is what I need then yes please. We do not have any devices attached to our phone, such as a care alarm, which is what the letter was querying. The first customer assistant I spoke to referred to a hub and adaptor. The letter says I need to book an appointment to avoid disruption, I was told on the phone I’d be sent necessary equipment (which never arrived) and didn’t need a technician appointment. The new home phone service will switch from 29/3. I am totally confused and frustrated about what is needed. A technician to make switch or just equipment and full self install instructions? 
thanks

Thanks Sophie, 

In that case we may need to take a closer look into your landline migration situation to see what the best way forward would be - Whether we can simply send an adaptor or if we need to book a proper engineer visit to complete the switch 😊 

I'll send you a PM now so we can investigate together!

Speak soon.

Thanks,

Megan_L

Have a nice day Sophie !

Hi SophieBoxall,

Thanks for chatting with me in our PM's, I was glad to see that you had already got an engineer booked for the issue 👨‍🔧

If you need to check or change the appointment you can do so on your Online Account 🔓

Please let us know how it goes and if you need any further help!

Thanks,

Megan_L