cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline upgrade

ChristmasTree
Tuning in

Hi all, After 2 hours and 10 minutes on chat I am still confused. I joined (broadband only), about a month ago and have been upgraded to volt. All good. It also says on my volt upgraded account includes…

”inclusive weekend calls including virgin phone line”.

As I still have not had my BT line disconnected yet, I what to know if I do indeed now have a free virgin phone line and whether I can transfer my number.

All I can get out of chat is that I need to pay a £65 connection fee and then an extra £20 a month!

Can anyone help please?

CB9BD33B-C48E-4A84-ADBE-AC1C7180F9BC.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sure, this would mean if you've got a phone package as part of your bundle, the plan you're on. If not, please ignore it. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi ChristmasTree (it's only 228 days till Christmas day)

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry for the confusion. If you were on a broadband only deal and had an O2 SIM, you'd be entitled to VOLT benefits, one of which is a speed increase, so you wouldn't get a landline with that, if on broadband only. I hope this helps but do let me know if you need further assistance.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John and thanks for the reply. Can you explain what that last line means on the message on my account. 

Youve been upgraded to “inclusive virgin calls, including virgin phone line”.

Thanks

Sure, this would mean if you've got a phone package as part of your bundle, the plan you're on. If not, please ignore it. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Cheers 👍🏻

You're more than welcome. Can we be of further assistance today?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Yes, if you don’t mind. 

I’ve just switched over from BT and I had 2 of the Wi-Fi discs to improve the Wi-Fi upstairs and in the conservatory. Since changing over those problems are back.

I read about the Wi-Fi pods and tried ringing up a couple of times to get them, however wait times too long to get through.

My question is can anyone here organise them and also are they good enough to solve the problem or am I better off buying 3rd party and putting the router into modem mode.

Thanks again

Thanks for coming back to me. Sure we do have Pods available for this. I would be happy to send you one at first to see how you get on, if fixes the issues you're experiencing. I'll send you a PM to get some details.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Thanks for joining me on PM ChristmasTree

Just to update the thread, the Pod was sent out.

Let me know how you get on with that or if require a 2nd one after the 1st one has been tested etc.

The link I also sent you for how to set this up can be accessed here - https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband/set-up-intelligent-wifi

All the best 🙂

John_GS
Forum Team

Hi John, 

Ive received the pod, it’s been running upstairs a few days and has made a massive difference. I am still having issues at the back of the downstairs. Could you send another pod and hopefully that will be me fully up and running.

Many Thanks

Andrew