cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline up spout!!

JKR3rd
Tuning in

Landline is not working, no dialling tone is being heard. Status report shows no issues in my area, and the actual telephone has been tried at another address and it is still working, my mobile is currently being fixed so I can’t call 150!!!   Help!!

7 REPLIES 7

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @JKR3rd, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see you are having issues with your landline, as you have tried the physical handset at another address it seems like this is an issue with the line itself. Have you been able to check our service page here to see if this is due to any known area issues? You can also run a fault test and book a technician if needed.

I would also recommend checking here to see if there is anything else that could help with this landline fault.

If you still see issues after running the checks please let me know.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi Nathan, thanks for the response

checked the service status for my postcode and there are no reported issues ( I also have tv and broadband which are both working fine)  I’ve had other numbers call my landline and they can hear a dialling tone so I would assume the line is still operational.                ( however it didn’t seem like it was reaching my actual phone as it would usually  kick into answerphone after a number of rings)   

I haven’t spotted a way to book a technician online , only via a phone, which I dont currently have. (Mobile out of action too!! Lucky me!

You're welcome, thanks for checking that for me. As you have not been able to book a tech with it not showing for you I'll send you a PM to confirm your details and I will book a tech for you.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

That will be greatly appreciated

many thanks.

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for chatting with me via PM @JKR3rd, the tech has now been booked in. You can see the appointment via your online account here.

Just to be aware if the appointment is missed or the team find any issue that is not caused by something on our end they may issue a £25 charge onto the account.

Please let me know how the visit goes.

Regards

Nathan

Many thanks for your assistance, excellent!

You are very welcome 🙂

Regards

Nathan