cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline unusable due to noise on line

Davlowe
Joining in

Hi has anyone any idea how to contact v media to report a recurring fault,this will be the 4th time in just over a year that landline is unusable due to crackling and noise,each time an engineer comes out dosent find anything but quality improves for a few weeks before it goes again,have previously been able to book an engineer online but that option seems to have disappeared?

Regards

Dave

4 REPLIES 4

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Davlowe,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're experiencing an ongoing issue with your landline! I can understand how frustrating this can be.

Can you tell us if you've been able to take a look at our Landline Faults page to see if this can help identify and resolve your issue?

Are you hearing the crackling noise only when on calls, or anytime you pick up the phone?

Let us know so we can help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Paulina,

Thanks for your reply,the noise is there all the time,over the top of the dialing tone and on both incoming and outgoing calls,we have tried new handsets and all connections checked including all outside connections redone by engineer on previous visit,the crackling noise drowns out all calls

Thank you

Dave

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Davlowe,

Thank you for coming back to me about this. I'm sorry that this issue has been ongoing for a while. I think before I can investigate further, I will need to send you a Private Message to confirm a few details before we can look into this for you.

Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope a the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch with you soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Davlowe, sorry about the stress this has caused but I am glad we have managed to get you an engineer booked in after doing some checks that you need one for free of charge. Please do let us know how it goes.Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?