cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline to mobile call divert problem

BBP
Joining in

Hi,

For the last 4 weeks my landline call divert is not working correctly.

Call divert is set on landline (Virgin) billed each month, call divert has been in place for the last 15 years to divert to a Virgin mobile. If unanswered the mobile voicemail kicks in.

4 weeks ago this stopped, calls get diverted to mobile, if unable to answer the call terminates, no voicemail. Just a dead tone.

After numerous run arounds and jumping from one CS op to another, 2nd line techs and the list could go on etc, no one is or has taken ownership let alone rectified this issue as it is still ongoing. I have now lost the will to live with this issue, the only other option I have is to take my business else where even though I have been a customer for the last 18 years.

Is there anyone as a last ditch effort able to rectify this issue????!!!!!!

9 REPLIES 9

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @BBP

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums! It's great to have you on the team! 

I'm so sorry to hear that you have faced this issue with your call divert! 

Can I just confirm have you been able to try another handset on the line at all? 

Thank you. 

Hi Ashleigh C,

Yes, I have tried a different handset.

Also tried Mobile - Mobile = Mobile answerphone kicks in.

Landline - Mobile = Mobile answerphone kicks in.

Just to check the Mobile answerphone works.

Landline - Landline (call divert) - Mobile = Mobile Rings but terminates with no option on for caller  to leave an answerphone message.

Hope that helps also.

Thank you for letting me know.

I'm going to send you a PM now so we can take a closer look into this. 

Pease keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of the screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you. 

CSP
Joining in

I am having the same issue. Can I ask if you managed to resolve it?

Hi @CSP
Welcome to the community!
Sorry to hear you're having issues with call divert. Can you please explain what issues you are facing? Do you also have landline to mobile divert set up? If so, how many rings does the mobile get if the call diverts to it? Or does it terminate straight away? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Thanks. The problem I’m having is that when I divert the landline to my mobile if I leave it to go to messages it just comes up with ‘the other person has cleared’ rather than my personalised message. So no one can leave a message. Works fine when I try it on my husband’s mobile. 

Hi CSP,

So just to confirm- the divert itself is working, it just won't allow anyone to leave a message on your mobile?

Alex_Rm

BBP
Joining in

Hi CSP

Nothing got fixed, so I went with a virtual landline with Tamar Telecomms. So much better service, easy set up, control on web or app and saved money! So win win for me and lose lose for Virgin.

Hope that helps.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @BBP,

Thank you for coming back to us. I'm very sorry that we couldn't resolve your issue via Private Message this time. I do apologise.

I'm glad that you were able to resolve this issue on your end. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs