cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline stopped working - blocked?

jht_x
Joining in

Hi VM Team,

Our landline stopped working - no dial tone, test socket also no dial tone, engaged tone when dialling in.

Engineer booked for Tuesday, but we need someone sooner than this. I suspect we have been intentionally cut off because we have not renewed our contract and VM want to force us to contact them.

Thanks,
James

8 REPLIES 8

jht_x
Joining in

Side note - I noticed messages about phone lines being converted and now needing to plug phone directly into the router?

I haven't received any information or notification about this, and the router we have doesn't have a grey socket for the phone.

Hi jht_x,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you're having some issues with the line, if we have already arranged an engineer visit we'd have made sure you were given the earliest appointment possible.

All customers will be moved over to a Voip line eventually, but you would be contacted prior to the switchover. You can read more on this here

Alex_Rm

Hi Alex_Rm,

Thanks for your reply - that link goes to a 404 missing page error for me.

Can you explain why the customer services representative was trying to sell me a new contract when all I wanted to do was fix my landline? He was very persistent.

When I asked if I could have an engineer sooner if I signed a new contract he said yes, I could have it fixed the next day.

Thanks,
James

I'm sorry for any confusion over this James, taking a new package or not would not enable us to offer an earlier technician visit. 

I'm sorry that link isn't working, you should be able to find more information via our community page here

Alex_Rm

Thanks Alex, but on that page the link to "Switchover - FAQ Page" also goes to a "page missing" error.

My existing router doesn't have the grey sockets for the landline - at time of switchover do you know if I will be given a new router without having to sign a new contract?

Thanks,
James

I've reported that the link isn't working, sorry James.

At the time of the switchover you will be contacted prior with plenty of notice, and would be sent an adapter for the back of the hub to enable the line to be connected 🙂

Alex_Rm

Yup, I understand about the adapter to go from the phone to the grey RJ11 ports on the back of the (newer) hubs. However my current (fairly old) hub doesn't even have those grey RJ11 ports. Mine only has yellow RJ45 ports for ethernet. So I expect my hub doesn't support this new VOIP phone line.

Ah apologies, 

If the current hub you have is incompatible at the time of the switchover an engineer would be arranged to ensure this is swapped 🙂

Alex_Rm