cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline still not working after 9 days

Leedsgooner
Dialled in

Hi,

As my wife works for 02 and gets a staff discount i closed my account and we opened one in her name, one of the farces to occur so far is that our landline went down last Sunday and despite many assurances during the week it is still down. Is this normal ?

The new tv boxes and broadband were up and running last Monday

We are keeping the same number

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

HI Leedsgooner, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that the landline is down. Can you confirm if the landline is currently connected to the hub or the wall socket? ^Chris

Hi Chris,

It's connected to the wall socket

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response there.

Welcome back to the community!

Our services over the past few months have been moving our landlines to our fibre network. 

Have you been advised of this? If so were you sent an adapter?

Thanks,

Kain

Hi Kain,

Had no correspondance apart from an email saying that we are keeping the same number, that was the middle of last week. We may have had an adaptor sent with the new equipment last week but to be honest i wouldn't even know what to look for

Thanks for your reply

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No problem, thanks for clearing that up. 

It may seem that your service has swapped to the fibre line, is there anyway you can connect your phoneline through the potential adaptor sent to your Hub?

If not let me know and I'll get an appointment booked to sort it.

Thanks again,

Kain

Thanks for the reply, are there any web pages or videos to help me look for what i need ?

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

We do have a helpful link to explain the switchover.

It does also show instructions on how to set the fibre landline system up, please check here for further assistance.

Let us know if you have any trouble with the steps,

Kain

Thanks for that Kain but i don't have the required adaptor. I have the booklet with how to do it but there was nothing in the box that the new equipment came with.

Thanks again

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Ahh, ok.

I've dropped you a PM so we can get this appointment booked.

Keep an eye out through the purple envelope icon.

Thanks,

Kain