Menu
Forum Team (Retired) Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 11 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline removal

Hi Gingeronstun

Welcome to the Community, as mentioned above by taking out all three services you're likely to have a bundle discount applied, which will mean more savingsMan Happy

This thread isn't regarding the general use or fault of a service but a query regarding the bill, which is why I used the word better, my apologies if that caused any confusion.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
sparky208
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 20
Flag for a moderator

so are you saying if i remove my landline £19 a month plus £5 weekend calls it will still cost more for me just to have the Broadband ??

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 13 of 20
Flag for a moderator

often that is the case when vm have to install cables they want you to have a phone as they can make money from the calls so they give a big discount to have the phone in that hope.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
rochycoop
Joining in
Message 14 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Can Virgin cut off the phone line almost immediately? I had a call from the retention team,after I’d cancelled,offering a good deal without a phone line. My line wasn’t working from the following day but Virgin are adamant that it took them 18 days to disconnect it, thus ripping me off an extra £18 credit!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 15 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi rochycoop,

Thanks for posting on the community and I'm sorry to hear about what's happened.

I can see that you've been able to speak with the team so I hope this has been resolved for you.

If you have any further queries please let me know.

Take care

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
rochycoop
Joining in
Message 16 of 20
Flag for a moderator

No it hasn’t been resolved!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 17 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi rochycoop

Thanks for getting back to us, for billing issues such as this I'd recommend giving our team a call on 150 from any Virgin line or 0345 454 1111 from any other so we can fully clear security and take a good look at this for you.

We'd love to hear how you get on.

Craig

0 Kudos
anoyed
Tuning in
Message 18 of 20
Flag for a moderator

You need a land line for a house alarm

so before you remove it think break in or fire

if you have a central station monitored alarm

0 Kudos
gazza19711
Joining in
Message 19 of 20
Flag for a moderator

my bill started 52 month when started now its going up again to now 63 a month only put it up last year its joke cnt w8 cancel my virgin just keeps going up an up and be more if remove land line i dont use cause i have virgin mobile seems only way down grade my fiber to 50 meg

@lins1 wrote:

Thanks for the info. 50+ was the price quoted to me before if I wanted just tv and broadband. I will try again soon and let you know how I get on.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 20 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gazza19711,

Thank you for reaching out us In our community,

The package you are on with 20MB broadband is a package we call the price fighter, this comes with the basic TV package and the phone with free weekend calls, if you remove the phone not only does the discount drop as you only have 2 services but the price of the TV will go up, this is due to the fact you can only have the m TV package if you have the phone line.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos