cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline problem

patcaffr
Tuning in

Landline not receiving calls, rings out but goes dead when answered.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

IKbrunel
Fibre optic

This is a known problem.

Obvious that the info. is not comunicated to all the V.M. staff, on the forum.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @patcaffr, welcome back to our forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see that you are having issues with receiving calls on your landline. Have you been able to check our service page here to see if this is due to any known issues in the area? You can also sign into the service page to run a fault test.

If nothing shows on our service page it would be best checking our landline help page here to try and have this issue resolved.

If you still need further help after checking this, please let us know. We will be happy to help.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

I've done everything from the help page, I can make outgoing calls perfectly OK, rebooted the Hub 5 several times checked connection etc, looking at similar  posts it seems there is a problem with the Hub5 ?

Thanks for checking this, as you are still having issues with this I will send you a PM to confirm your details so this can be checked further.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

IKbrunel
Fibre optic

This is a known problem.

Obvious that the info. is not comunicated to all the V.M. staff, on the forum.

cymru123
On our wavelength

@patcaffr wrote:

I've done everything from the help page, I can make outgoing calls perfectly OK, rebooted the Hub 5 several times checked connection etc, looking at similar  posts it seems there is a problem with the Hub5 ?

There's a known issue with the hub 5 and voice service which cuts out incoming calls: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/INCOMING-CALLS-CUT-OFF-WHEN-ANSWERING/m-p/5191259/hi...

Thanks for that, seems we just have to wait for Virgin to provide a solution.

So glad I found this forum.  I thought I was the only one going crazy with this problem.

I've just contacted Virgin Media Support and I've been told the issue will be fixed in the next 24 hours. I'm not holding out much hope, but will try it again tomorrow,

My question though, if VM know there is an issue why send out these Huns to customers who are paying for a landline.  Surely this should be resolved before the Hub is sent or at least let us know there is an issue,

I'll update you tomorrow if this is fixed.

Regards.

My Hub 5  has worked with the Landline so initially everything was OK ,but of course you don't know it's not working until somebody tells you they have been trying to get in touch so I don't know exactly when the problem occurred, I've only had this new Hub for a month.

Regards

Rebooted my Hub 5 and the problem looks as though it is fixed, thanks Nathan.