cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline problem.

Joining in

Can someone please explain what is going on with the landline in my area.  Inconsistent for well over a week.  I am concerned for my elderly neighbours.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

If the fault has made its way onto the service status page, that usually infers a larger number of people are being affected. You might possibly get some more information from the VM forum team on here and maybe a scheduled time for a fix (but that may be nothing more than an educated estimate, depending on what the issue is). VM also seem to have a policy of not sending out technicians to look at individual customer faults when a general area fault is present.

One of the VM forum team might be able to give you more detail about the issue. They will usually reply within a day or two on here.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Have you checked the service status for your area via 'My Virgin Media' (link to 'Check service status' in top RHS corner of this forum page) to see if there are any issues reported?

I constantly check the phone status and have been doing so for over a week. Every time I phone 150, you get the same message.  My complaint is this problem is persistent and Virgin really need to get a grip of the situation.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Does the service status show a problem in the area? If so, or if not, what is the problem you are experiencing?

Hi

Yes it always says they are aware of a problem in the area.  

goslow
Alessandro Volta

If the fault has made its way onto the service status page, that usually infers a larger number of people are being affected. You might possibly get some more information from the VM forum team on here and maybe a scheduled time for a fix (but that may be nothing more than an educated estimate, depending on what the issue is). VM also seem to have a policy of not sending out technicians to look at individual customer faults when a general area fault is present.

One of the VM forum team might be able to give you more detail about the issue. They will usually reply within a day or two on here.

Hi 206543, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you are having an issue with your phone line. 

Checking in to your account this morning, I can see that there is a fault open. The reference for this is: F009153800. It looks as though the team believe things are all resolved now but they are just running some final checks to be sure. 

If you are still having any issues with your landline, please pop back and let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Well nothing seems to change. Phone line down again.  What can be so difficult that a company as big as Virgin cannot seem to get to the bottom of the problem.  I keep saying the landline is a lifeline for some of my elderly neighbours who do not have a mobile.  

Hi 260543, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

We understand the frustration and will update the ticket to show that you are still having an issue. It may well be the case that your problem is outside of the area fault but we won't know until the area fault has been closed as resolved. 

Whilst we can't offer a 100% fault free service, we do promise to fix faults as quickly as possible and the team will be working hard to do just that. 

Apologies again for any inconvenience. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs