cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline phone won't connect to hub 3

Eddy99
Joining in

Hi - I've recently had my new hub 3 delivered. It's all set up OK...the TV, ethernet and wireless all work fine.

The landline phone doesn't want to know, however. I've plugged it into the "Tel" port and rebooted the hub, but it's still dead...no dial tone. The hub doesn't display the phone light.

When I ring it from my mobile, the number is recognised however.

It's a very old phone (BT Decor 400)...I don't know whether it's too old, or incompatible.

If anyone has any insights, I'd be very grateful.

12 REPLIES 12

I love the way you keep avoiding the points I have made. So, lets try once more. Once the phone is connected to the hub is it still an independant landline?  There, one question needing a simple yes or no answer.

👍 I've just received my new hub, and requires the landline phone to be connected to it... as it stands at the moment, if the Internet goes down, I can still ring out to see if it's a recognised fault in the area.. on the new hub and if my phone is dependent on the Internet then how can you check or report a fault 🤔

Hi paul1965

Calls made over the fibre network need to be made over broadband through the Hub. If the Hub is unable to connect to the internet, then you won’t be able to make calls either, whether this is due to a power cut or network outage. If this happens, we recommend keeping a mobile phone handy.

If you have an alternative Internet connection such as phone data for example, you can also check and report faults via our service page here during an outage.

If you do have any further questions regarding the phone switch over, please pop back to us here. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide