cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline phone not ringing

Cognacsipper
Tuning in

Hi I’ve been visited by a VM engineer to fix my landline because it wasn’t ringing even though ringer was on you could pick up the phone and hear but there would be no indication the phone is ringing. He tried my home phone it didn’t work and then he tried another one of mine and it still didn’t work. He connected his VM phone and it worked perfect borrowed the neighbours VM handheld phone and it worked. He said I should get a new phone and it should be working fine. I went and bought a new landline phone from Asda connected it and it’s not working. I don’t understand it worked on my neighbours cordless but not my regular corded phone.

5 REPLIES 5

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Cognacsipper

That's very strange 

Can I ask if you are on the standard Socket or are you plugged into the Hub now?

Gareth_L

I’m plugged into the adapter in the hub 3 

Thanks Cognacsipper

In theory, most DECT (Digital Enhanced Cordless Telecommunications) phones will work with the Hub 3. However, it might be worth checking the return policy before making a purchase, just to be on the safe side.

Are you able to take the New handset back 

Garerth_L

I was not able to return it sadly but I don't understand why a corded phone isn't working u went and bought a brand spanking new one and that didn't work what am I to do now? buy a cordless? will any cordless brand work with the hub 3 virgin media? 

ever since switching over its been a pain in the backside. 

Hi Cognacsipper,

We are really sorry this is causing you headache we do understand you have already got a phone not knowing this wasn't going to work, as long as it is a up to date DECT phone this should work OK, as advised by Gareth check the return policy before you buy it.

Regards

Paul.