Menu
richardj
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Landline phone failures in Chiswick

I've had no phone service since 3 May.  Your service status line (accessed from my mobile) says "We have identified the problem and an engineer is on their way."  But it's been saying that for 4 days.  I now see from the online status page that the estimated fix date is now 13 May!   If you know what the problem is, why does it take 10 days to fix it?

My postcode is W4 2--.  If it's going to take more than another 24hrs to fix it, are you able to switch calls to my landline on to my (Virgin) mobile until the problem is cleared?  

I have plugged in another phone without success, and I can confirm that others trying to phone the landline don't get through.  I know of at least one other local resident in W4 2-- with the same problem.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline phone failures in Chiswick

Hi Richardj,

We are sorry to hear this. Some issue can prove to be more complex than first expected in the process of fixing, this then causes the listed fix time to change. We do have a call forwarding feature available to customers however this is only available if your home phone service is active and working. The faults team will be working as hard as they can to resolve this issue, please keep us posted if we can answer any other questions or assist with anything.

Many thanks,

Louis

0 Kudos
richardj
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response Louis, but honestly it has no value.  Some issues are more complex than others and hence take longer --- true, but is that actually true of THIS fault?  Just trotting out a generic comment like that gives me no confidence that you have actually found out whether the fault is complex or whether it's just that you're short-staffed.  If I have a problem with any other service company such as a gas engineer or the Tube or an airline, they will make some attempt to explain what's gone wrong and what's happening.  It is not acceptable to deprive me of my phone for 10 days without telling me anything at all about what the problem is.  What are you actually doing between now and 13th May that causes the fault to remain for so long?  

When I had a similar problem with BT, they arranged the diversion of calls to my mobile from the exchange.  That was more than 20 years ago.  Is that really not possible to achieve with Virgin? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Richard, 

We would be more than happy to investigate this further for you. In order to do this we will need to follow up with a private message so we can confirm some details for data protection reasons. We will be in touch shortly.

Many thanks,

Louis

0 Kudos
richardj
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

OK, I look forward to the private message (presumably email tomorrow, Thursday). - Richard
0 Kudos
richardj
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

"We will be in touch shortly."
As at midday Friday, nothing heard from the Forum Team since Wednesday. What happened to the private message? You're not trying to reach me by landline phone, are you?
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Tom_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi richardj,

Apologies for the delay in response. I'm sending you a PM now.

Thanks,
Tom_S

0 Kudos
richardj
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Have received the PM, and have replied to Tom_S.
Richard.
0 Kudos