cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline phone does not work

Gordonruislip
Joining in

My phones dead.

the website sends me round and round in circles.

after the connection check it says everything ok. - it’s not!

Top of the page it tells me there’s an issue in my postcode which conflicts.

how do I find out when the external issue is fixed?

how do I book an engineer?

how do I claim a refund for a service that is not working?

how do I communicate with a reason at virgin in customer service by e mail 

22 REPLIES 22

Hello,

when the customer service agent arranged the engineer for tomorrow, Thursday, they said they would e mail me a confirmation and contact number if case of change of time  within 24 hours. Almost 48 hours later and I’ve heard nothing. Is the engineer coming Thursday?

Thanks for coming back to me @Gordonruislip.

I would appear that your visit has been cancelled due to an area fault being discovered, this fault has also now been resolved. The team should have contacted you to advise the appointment had been cancelled.

Please could you check your landline to see if its now working? 

Regards,

Steven_L

The landline still doesn’t work

ive kept the mobile on since we spoke and no one has tried to make contact with this or by e mail,

Thanks for coming back to us @Gordonruislip, we would need to rebook an engineer visit for you to get this looked into. 

I would need to take some details via a private message to do that, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L

Sorry @Gordonruislip, I got mixed up there, I shouldn't have asked you the security questions again.

I set the appointment for the earliest possible date and time, which was Friday between 4 and 7. The next available appointments we have are Monday 12 to 4 or 4 to 7, then after that we have availability in all 3 slots 8 to 12, 12 to 4 and 4 to 7 for the rest of the week.

Regards,

Steven_L

Tuesday 8-12 then

that will be 8 days after I reported the issue.

please confirm the appointment by e mail

[REMOVED]

can you please add this sorry story to the original complaint please

thank you 

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post.]

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks @Gordonruislip and please let us know how the visit goes.

Regards,

Steven_L

Did you get my message?

Hi Gordonruislip

There's no message I can see that we've not replied too. How did the visit go?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Dateline Tuesday 4th 

landline now working after approximately 10 days being out of action and eight since it was first reported. Please compensate 8 days @ £8 - £64

i initialy tried to report the issue via the website, it sent me round in circles for about 45minutes. I resorted to the helpline using my emergency mobile and spent about 45 minutes doing this before an appointment was made for an engineer. At the same time I used the online forum and their response coincided with this. Please compensate £10 for my mobile phone charges.

the day before the engineer was due to visit I had not received the e mail confirmation that I was promised so I used the forum to check to be informed that the visit had been cancelled. I was not informed of this and had to  make arrangements to be home. Please compensate £25 for this.  Another visit was scheduled for today and was kept with a successful outcome.

I guesstimate I have wasted mote that three hours on this so please compensate at £30 hour therefore £90 

a total of £189.00 to be creited to my account.

in  future my first port of call would be the online forum as they responded both with effective responses and in a timely manner

thank you