cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline out

canary5
Tuning in

My landline and hub are in different locations. I have been trying to get an engineer visit without any success.

My questions are1 If and when an engineer comes is there a way to fix it without running cable between the hub and landline?

2 Will the purchase of a new landline telephone solve the problem

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey canary5,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.

1. Yes the engineer will be able to install extensions without cabling running between. 

2. If you purchase a cordless phone that has more than one handset that would work perfectly, as long as the main base unit was plugged into the hub and the other handsets could then be placed in any room.

I can arrange the engineers appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment. Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey canary5,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.

1. Yes the engineer will be able to install extensions without cabling running between. 

2. If you purchase a cordless phone that has more than one handset that would work perfectly, as long as the main base unit was plugged into the hub and the other handsets could then be placed in any room.

I can arrange the engineers appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment. Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@canary5 wrote:

My landline and hub are in different locations. I have been trying to get an engineer visit without any success.

My questions are1 If and when an engineer comes is there a way to fix it without running cable between the hub and landline?

No. The line between the hub & the phone is a standard analogue phone connection like you have now between the wall socket & the phone.

2 Will the purchase of a new landline telephone solve the problem

Its still an analogue phone line, so you still use the same phone. If you don't want trailing wires the only alternative is to use DECT wireless handsets. These come in single versions that you plug the base into the hub (they require a power outlet) or multiple versions with additional handsets & pod chargers.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @canary5

I have arranged a technician appointment to resolve your current issues, this can be tracked via your online account. Please sign into My Virgin Media and you will see your appointments on your account dashboard. However, this can take up to 24 hours to be updated.

Kind Regards,
Steven_L

I rely on my landline for regular calls from my local hospital as I am a cancer sufferer. I was assured that the March appointment would be moved forward as I fit into a priority category. I have received the appointment for March 18th. Two months without a telephone. Can you help?

Hi canary5,

We fully appreciate your predicament and fully understand on the circumstances it's imperative you have a working landline.

We have emailed the area field manager for your area asking if this job can be brought forward as an urgent matter to be done before the 18th of March.

As they are field based, not office, they may not respond instantly. As soon as we have any further updates, we will post back via private message.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi canary5,

Just to let you now the area field manager Paul has been in touch and wanted to know if you are available today to have the relocation done.

He understands your situation and wants to help as quickly as possible.

I will pop you over a private message so we can confirm your details, please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi canary5,

Thanks for the private message. I'm pleased to hear that your issue has now been resolved and everything is up and running as it should be.

If you have any further issues, please post back on here.

Kind regards Jodi. 

canary5
Tuning in

The moderators were quick to agree that 2 months without a landline was unacceptable. They pulled out all the stops and I was contacted by the area manager who sent an engineer promptly.

It wasn't an easy fix but we avoided having wires going in all directions. Some directions but a skillful operation in all.

Organisations are not normally responsive to the needs of their customers but in this case they certainly were

Thank you

Canary5

Thanks for the lovely feedback canary5,

It is much appreciated and I will pass this on to Paul the AFM also.

I'm just pleased I was able to get this issue resolved.

Kind regards Jodi.