cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline number

Lis62
Joining in

I moved house last week and took out a virgin media package covering landline, broadband and mobile. I asked to keep the landline number that was already at the house - the previous owner had also had a virgin package. However, this has not happened and I have a different landline number. Is it possible for this to be changed to the number that I requested?

8 REPLIES 8

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Lis62,

Welcome to the forums and many thanks for your post. Sorry for the issue with the landline number you've requested.

Since the previous number will have belonged to the previous tenant then we can't guarantee that this will have been available for you, especially if they have moved and requested to take this number with them.

I will send you a private message to look into this further for you, however, so please keep an eye on the purple envelope at the top of the page.

Many thanks,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Lis62,

Many thanks for coming back to me via pm. I'm glad to hear the number request has been made for you.

The usual SLA for the number port is around 10 working days. If you are still having issues following the given date, please don't hesitate to drop back and we'll be happy to assist further.

Many thanks,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi, following two fairly unsatisfactory chat conversations, I have now been told that I cannot take the landline number that was previously at this address. As I am told that I can do this and then I can't at fairly frequent intervals I don't know where I stand on this. I have not had an real explanation as to why this cannot be done, and I am still keen that we transfer our number. Can you take this any further forward please?

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Lis62,

Sorry to hear you were dissatisfied with your chat conversations and that you cannot take the landline number that was previously at this address.

I have taken a look into it and can confirm that the port was rejected and subsequently cancelled. Have you been able to contact your other provider as previously advised?

Kind regards,

Serena

Thank you for this. The person who lived here previously said that the landline number has been connected to this address for many years - even though different people have lived here. She said that when she moved here, some 7 years ago, the number was a BT number. She then moved to a virgin package, but the number remained the same. She has now moved out, and we have moved in - but we had expected to keep the same number. Does this mean that Virgin were the previous providers?

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to me Lis62.

I'm not sure how that number has been kept unless the previous tenants have specfied to keep it active as it should disconnect when the account is closed down. We wouldn't keep the line active for the next people to take it over.

It may be worth getting in touch with BT to see if the number has gone back to them.

Kind regards,

Serena

Is there any advice about how I contact BT to request maintaining a landline number?

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Lis62,

Have you tried calling them? Their number is provided on google search.

We can not provide other provider contact details.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team