cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline number port issue

timmcat
Joining in

Joined VM on 5th July and at the point of signing up asked for my landline number to be ported to VM from my previous provider.

On installation, the engineer could see that it was in progress but asked me to chase it. I then got a text saying my port would be complete yesterday (26th July).

When making outgoing calls, the call is identified on recipients phones as coming from my ported number, however, when calling in to this number, it's coming back as invalid. My temporary Virgin number is also now invalid, so we can't receive any calls at all.

Help! 

3 REPLIES 3

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @timmcat,

Welcome to the forums and many thanks for your post! I'm so sorry to hear of the trouble you're having at the moment with your landline following the recent number porting. Thanks for confirming that you've tested both outgoing and incoming calls.

I'd like to look into this for you, so will just send you a private message to confirm some account details - please look out for the purple envelope at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All sorted very quickly. Credit where its due.

Thanks Molly. 👍

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @timmcat,

Thanks for dropping by with an update, glad this is working for you now that the number has been fully released by the previous provider.

If there's anything we can help with in the future, do drop back to the forums and we'll be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide