cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline number of 30+ years lost

Cat89
Joining in

Hi was wondering if someone could help me get my landline number back we’ve had it for over 30+years at the one address. There was a lot of confusion with the changeover and I’ve had no joy with any of the providers Sky, Virgin and BT 

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Cat89,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear you're having some trouble with your landline number. Would you mind expanding on the situation a little bit for me? Have you come from another provider to Virgin Media? I only ask because it looks like you've mentioned three different providers in your post.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi sorry for the late reply. We were with Sky and decided to go with Vodafone for a better deal. However whilst transferring to Vodafone, Sky had cancelled the subscription Vodafone contacted to say the couldn’t proceed with taking over the line and that we would have to get another package. So we looked again and then decided to go with Virgin, we did ask to keep the number from Sky however this has not happened and Sky and BT say there is nothing that can be done about the number that it just doesn’t exist anymore. I have seen here that it is possible to hopefully get it back. Thanks again  

Thank you for clearing that up for us Cat89.

With regards to getting the number from another provided, the number would need to be active for us to port this over to us. 

If your previous provided has confirmed this isn't active then we wouldn't be able to bring this over. 

^Martin

Hi Martin thanks for the response. I did see on a similar post that a Paul DN and Lisa were able to resolve the issue, and was wondering if they would kindly have a look into it for me. 
Thanks 

Hi there @Cat89

I am so sorry to hear you have faced this issue with your landline! 

We wouldn't be able to port an inactive number as previously advised and appreciate we may have been able to help some customers. However each situation is different.

I'll pop you a PM so I can at least check whether we can or not.

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you.