cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline number not valid

Lawesy
Joining in

My landline number is saying not valid when trying to ring in , it rings out ok and still has the right id number when calling a mobile for example,  but nobody can ring in

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for coming back to us Lawesy. I have passed this onto our second line faults team and they will be in touch with you directly in the next 24 to 48 hours with any updates and hopefully to let you know that it has been resolved. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Lawesy, thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised regarding your landline.

That is strange, as I've ran some checks for you and there's no outages on the line that could be causing this.

Can you please reboot your Hub and wait 30 minutes, to see if this resolves things for you?

Many thanks

Tom_W

I saw an open reach engineer working in the box yesterday and have had problems before when they work in it , could they muck it up ?

Hi @Lawesy, generally not as most customers are now linked into their Hub for their landline, which shouldn't be affected by such works.
Have you been able to try a different handset to see if this still happens for you?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom,  right after speaking to cust services for half hour they managed to get through,  which is great but I can't get through from my mobile which is on sky, neither can another of our friends , is this something that vm would block ?

Hi @Lawesy, thanks for your reply - that's great news.

That is particularly strange, can you confirm if it is all Sky mobile numbers, do you have any other SIMs of this network that you can try too?

Do you know if this is impacting Sky landline numbers?

Many thanks

Tom_W

I know that Vodafone and o2 work ok but don't know anyone with sky landline  so can't tell,  I'm going to have to contact sky to find out 

Thanks for coming back to us Lawesy. I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Thanks for coming back to us Lawesy. I have passed this onto our second line faults team and they will be in touch with you directly in the next 24 to 48 hours with any updates and hopefully to let you know that it has been resolved. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks