cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline number not transferred

Dave19741
On our wavelength

Hi there,

So we’ve recently transferred from BT to Virgin and I’ve got to say so far I’m regretting the decision.

Firstly we requested to keep our existing landline number which we believed would be transferred over when our Virgin services commenced - but this hasn’t happened.

I phoned the helpline this evening and they told me it couldn’t be transferred because the number is no longer in use!!!

I can’t believe something so simple can be messed up, surely this is one of the most common requests from customers when switching??

Really not happy!! Anyone had similar problems and if so did you manage to resolve?

Thanks 

12 REPLIES 12

@Dave19741 quick question but did you at any point contact BT to cancel or change your account with them?

@Gareth_L

Hi Gareth,

ive just spoken to BT who have told me they can’t do anything unfortunately as the line is no longer live.

They have said that Virgin can carry out a ‘Re-number’ so our original number.can be used. 
Is this possible? Can you please advise.

Thanks 

Hi @Dave19741, thanks for your reply.

I'm very sorry unfortunately in that case, I am going to repeat what Gareth has said in terms of that the original number must be kept active by the previous provider in order for us to claim this.

If the previous provider hasn't done so, we physically cannot obtain the number as it has been disconnected I'm afraid and that is completely out of our control.

A "re-number" isn't something we are aware of, this is not within our processes so I'm not aware of what BT are suggesting here - to repeat, we can only get your number back if BT kept the line active. 

As this hasn't been done, I regret to inform you that this isn't going to be possible.

Sincere apologies for any disappointment this response will cause.

Many thanks

Tom_W