cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline number lost

Robmcg11
Joining in

Hi there... I transferred over from SKY to VM in early July and my landline number has not been transferred over.... can anyone help ?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Robmcg11

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of the number port issue.

Is it still active with the former provider?

If not, please do contact them, ask them to activate it and we'll be able to port it.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John.... thanks for the update..... This number was originally a BT number as we have had it for over 40 years. VM were supposed to transfer the services to us in July but failed to do so and it has taken a few months and a lot of angst to get the services working but the landline number was not transferred over. Do you have any departments at either British Telecom or Sky (previous provider) that would be best placed to help ? I have spoken to sky previously and they said it's VM's fault and their issue to sort.

Thanks

Robert 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello Rbmcg11, thanks for your reply and for explaining more on this.
Sorry to see you've had the landline number for such long time and Sky recently advised of the failed porting and number being lost.

We'd love to help where possible, in order to be able to share more info in private and offer our support I will send you a PM here shortly,
Please check the top-right corner of our forum and you should see a purple envelope. Click this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Adri.... how are you ? I have not received your message as yet ?

Thanks

Hi Robmcg11

Really sorry about this, I'll send it now for you

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill