cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working.

LBMC
Joining in

Checked all connections and no apparent problems in our service area. 

6 REPLIES 6

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @LBMC

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the land line.

Is the phone plugged into an Extension or Master telephone socket?

Do you have any other pieces of equipment connected to your phone socket? This may include:

• Other telephones
  • Personal Computers
  • Faxes
  • Modems
  • Satellite TV digiboxes
  • Micro-filters
  • ADSL modem or router

Please pop back to us when you can.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

No we don’t have anything else plugged in to it and it is into the master socket 

Thank you @LBMC

There are a few troubleshooting checks I will need you to perform please to see if they are successful in resolving the issue. Can you: 

• Check the phone is seated in the base unit correctly & powered ON.
  • Unplug the phone and check another phone directly into the main socket ensuring this is a VM socket and not one with a BT or Sky logo. If no alternative handset is available then ensure the original phone is plugged into the main socket with no other pieces of equipment being plugged in.

Please pop back to me when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Checked all the above. We don’t have another phone to try. 

Thanks 

Okay thank you.

We will need to send an engineer.

I will send you a private message now so we can arrange that.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

Thanks for coming back to me over private message @LBMC

I've been able to book in an engineer appointment for you.

For details of the time and date of the appointment, and if you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

Vikki - Forum Team