cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working

Vic35
Tuning in

I’ve returned from holiday and my landline isn’t working. No dial tone and incoming callers get an engaged tone. 
I’ve swapped my current phone with a wired version to no avail. I’ve checked all the cables and no issue. Status checker says no issues with landline. This has been going on for a week. 

3 REPLIES 3

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Vic35,

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear your landline service is down.

We can understand this is not ideal and we want to best help. I have sent you a private message to further look into this. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Akua_A,

I have the same problem, I have been without landline for approx 3 weeks now, also with an issue on the TV signal for probably more than a month.

I know from when the engineer visited me back at the beginning of this (when my broadband went down) that I needed a new cable (VirginMedia have apparently split my cable too many times and it cant be fixed without a new cable), but the work seems to have stalled and I am starting to wonder if you will ever fix these issues.

It is so painful going thru the "broken phone" route on the to get to customer service that I lose the will to live (last time it took 45 minutes to get to talk to someone that could not even help or give me an ETA on when this will be fixed). 

I am starting to think it would be quicker to move to a different provider.

Is there a number I can call (from a non-virgin phone) and QUICKLY get thru to a human without having to navigate voicemail maze?

Hi @weekesd

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear you have been having similar issues with your landline and TV service. We can understand this is not ideal and we want to best help. To further look into this, I have sent you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs