cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working

maxlugg
Dialled in

Hi,

My landline hasn't been working for at least 2 days. I get a dialling tone but any number I ring is engaged. When someone calls me, my phone rings but when I pick it up I get the engaged tone again.

The support page of the website doesn't work (it just goes round in a loop). I've tried calling support on my mobile but after being on hold for 5 minutes I was disconnected.

64 REPLIES 64

Update:

• The complaint I logged on 3 August, C-010822131, was still "ongoing" yesterday morning but was closed as "issue resolved" yesterday afternoon. Nobody has ever spoken to me as a result of my complaint and the issue remains. I have opened a new complaint.
  • A poll on social media has revealed at least 6 other VM customers in my postcode area who have been without phone service since July. This is clearly a general problem.
  • I have logged the non-functioning of both my phoneline and the VM complaints procedure with OFCOM.
  • Next Wednesday will mark 8 weeks of the total loss of telephone service, at which point I intend to refer the matter to CISAS

If Virgin Media can give me information about what is being done to resolve this issue and an estimated date for the fix please do so. Otherwise, please confirm by letter that you are unable to assist further.

03/09/2022

Update for information only.

My latest technician appointment (the 4th) was today, performed over the phone (mobile of course). It was agreed that there was no point in him attending as there is no fault in my home. I'm told that it is a network issue and there is currently no further news on the possibility of a fix.

Update for information.

8 complete weeks with no telephone service.

Number of whole weeks without service (since 13/7)8
Days of total outage from 2 working days after reporting (19/7)49
Compensation due under the automatic compensation scheme£411.60

Hi @maxlugg thanks for your post once more and I'm really sorry this is still ongoing for you.

I've had a look at things once more and it appears there's an update on the outage and that this is due to be fixed tomorrow at approximately 9am.

Please let me know how things are once this timescale has passed and we can then revisit.

Many thanks

Tom_W

I'll wait and see tomorrow morning. Thanks for the update.

Hi @maxlugg thanks for your reply - no problem at all.

You're very welcome.

Many thanks

Tom_W

@Tom_W1 wrote:

I've had a look at things once more and it appears there's an update on the outage and that this is due to be fixed tomorrow at approximately 9am.

Please let me know how things are once this timescale has passed and we can then revisit.

08/09/2022

After eight weeks my expectations weren't high but it's still disappointing to report that the service remains down. I have rebooted the hub with a hard reset.

Please revisit.

Hi @maxlugg thanks for your reply, I'm sorry that things still aren't working for you today.

I've looked into things now for you and there is still a communication of an outage although I'm afraid I can't report a fix time as things stand for you.

As soon as we have more information on the time of the outage being fixed, we'll be sure to let you know here.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Tom_W

09/09/2022

I received this email at 05:17 morning:

Your Loss of Service (KMM96308517V96946L0KM)
We’re really sorry about your recent loss of service. The problem’s now been fixed and you should be up and running again.
If you’re still experiencing any issues with your service, please call 0345 454 1111* and let us know.

I'm letting you know, it's not! 

Hi @maxlugg thanks for your reply and I'm sorry things still aren't working for you.

I'm going to send you a PM with a view to booking another engineer for you to get things sorted.

Please expect a PM from me to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W