cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working

maxlugg
Dialled in

Hi,

My landline hasn't been working for at least 2 days. I get a dialling tone but any number I ring is engaged. When someone calls me, my phone rings but when I pick it up I get the engaged tone again.

The support page of the website doesn't work (it just goes round in a loop). I've tried calling support on my mobile but after being on hold for 5 minutes I was disconnected.

64 REPLIES 64

Quote: "After looking at the system I can see this area fault had been raised again on the 1st August and the estimated repair date for this is August 22nd."

The 22nd was yesterday. I have rebooted my hub and can confirm the phone is still not working.

That is now 6 weeks with complete loss of phone service.

Number of days without service (since 13/7)42
Days of total outage from 2 working days after reporting (19/7)35
Compensation due under the automatic compensation scheme£294.00

Hi @maxlugg thanks a lot for your reply and I'm sorry to hear things still aren't working for you.

I've checked now and it would appear that the outage is no longer showing so would appear to have now been fixed.

Can you please reboot your Virgin Media Hub and try this again please as the network is not showing any faults?

Many thanks

Tom_W

I rebooted the hub; disconnected the power for 5 minutes; performed a hard reset. The phone still does not work.

Hi Max, thank you for returning to the thread with an update!

Sincerest apologies that this is ongoing for you! Having had a look again today I can see we have identified an issue local to your connection which should be resolved within 24 hours.However, I appreciate you have had a really poor experience here, so i have also contacted the Field team to advise you are still experiencing issues with your 21CV  Landline which require further investigation. I am currently awaiting a response. 

In the meantime can you please confirm that the phone is:

1) Unable to receive inbound calls

2) Unable to make outbound calls

3) Has no dial tone

Please let us know if anything changes so we can continue to offer support! 

All the best. 

Molly

Molly, thank you for the reply.

The issue remains the same. I cannot make or receive calls, however there is a dial tone. 

I have a dialling tone.
When I call any number I get the engaged tone.
My phone rings on incoming calls. When I pick up, the caller is immediately disconnected and I get the engaged tone.

Thank you for the speedy response Max! 

Really appreciate the clarity - I will be sure to update the field team accordingly and will hopefully be back in touch with a response / next steps ASAP! 
All the best. 

Molly

I've done my daily reboot. Still no phone service.

Number of whole weeks without service (since 13/7)7
Days of total outage from 2 working days after reporting (19/7)42
Compensation due under the automatic compensation scheme£352.80

Hi @maxlugg

Really sorry to hear this is still ongoing for you. Please can you try a 60 second pin hole reset on the router. This will revert any customisations back to factory settings and full update the router with firmware/software updates. Please do not reboot the router whilst it is completing the pin hole request.

The adapter must be plugged into TEL 1 port on the router. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

I have performed a hard reset many times but I have just done it again.

There are no customisations on the hub. I have also tried it in modem mode.

I can confirm the phone is in the top (#1) socket. 

The phone is still behaving as before, unable to make or receive calls.

Thank you for confirming and trying this @maxlugg

I'll booked an engineer for you as we have heard nothing back from the area manager regarding your issue.  

Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley