cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working

IGP
Tuning in

Tried to ring 150. No dialling tone. Tried ringing in from a mobile says user busy. Any clues? Checked us things from previous posts

52 REPLIES 52

Hi @slesski sincere apologies a PM hasn't arrived for you yet.

Don't worry as I've sent you another one just now from myself, so please expect to see this and respond when you can.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi @slesski thanks a lot for your PM confirming the details requested.

I'm replying publicly for the benefits of other potential users in the thread.

So after checking things over for you, it does appear that you have a confirmed area fault unfortunately so please accept my apologies - the estimated time of fix is to be tomorrow 25th March at 12pm, please don't hesitate to get back in touch with us if this still isn't working by then and we can provide you with another update.

You may also wish to track the outage here too.

Many thanks

Tom_W

slesski
On our wavelength

Hello @Tom_W

The landline is still not working.  I cannot get a dial tone and when I call the number, I am advised that the number does not exist.  As this has been happening for several weeks, I'd like to know when it will be resolved and what compensation will be due.

Many thanks.

Hi @slesski thanks for your reply and really sorry this still isn't working for you.

It appears the outage has been extended, and the latest information is this will be resolved by 16:00 today.

As previously mentioned, it's best to track this on here as it'll be updated if there are any further delays (although let's hope not).

In terms of compensation, you can see the requirements for our automatic compensation scheme here - please make sure you've opted in on the service checker to make sure you're eligible for this.

Many thanks

Tom_W

slesski
On our wavelength

@Tom_W thank you for your prompt response.

Unfortunately though, neither of the links work. The first link takes me to a page that shows connection issues with wifi, of which I have no issues at all, nothing to do with the landline. The second link takes me round in loops, stating no issue with landline again (or any other matter) and therefore cannot log a formal complaint.

Trying to call doesn't help either and as I cannot call the 150 number as my landline doesn't work, I'm being charged for something that I shouldn't be paying for.

Hi @slesski thanks for your reply.

That is strange, particularly on the second link as I've tested this myself and highlights our automatic compensation scheme.

I'm more than happy to look into this further for you, but firstly we need the fault to be resolved so we can look into this for the amount of time your phone has been offline for - there's very little we can do until things are fixed I'm afraid.

Please let us know when your landline fault is resolved (still due to be 16:00 as things stand) and we can then take things from there.

Many thanks

Tom_W

slesski
On our wavelength

Good Morning @Tom_W

The landline is still not working and as previously stated when you try to call the number a recorded message tells us that the number is not recognised, ie it doesn't exist.

Could you please advise how I can escalate this, get the landline working and get compensation.  We pay for a service and expect the service to work.

Thank you.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @slesski,

I am so sorry for the issue with your landline, I have checked and the outage is still not resolved. The estimated fixture time is subject to change, depending on how complex the issue is. We are working to get this fixed asap.

Auto compensation will be analysed automatically by the system, once the outage is resolved.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

slesski
On our wavelength

@Hayley thank you for your prompt response.  According to the "status updates" in my area it is showing that there are no issues and no outages, I am therefore struggling to understand what the problem is and if the status update is showing like this, how will the issue be resolved and "automatic compensation" by analysed automatically by the system when your platform is saying there is no issue!

Thanks.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @slesski,

I understand this is not ideal for you at the moment, we can check the fault from our end for you. I am sorry it is not showing on the app.

I have raised a work order on the system so that you will be eligible for the auto compensation.

There is nothing more we can do regarding the outage at the moment,

Many thanks, 

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide