cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working

Ray2109
Joining in

Hi, I am not able to dial out or receive incoming calls on my landline and have no dialling tone. Virgin online system check gives a green tick, I have connected a friends phone and the same fault is still there, Virgin online help diverts me to Whatsapp and concludes with "I'm sorry we don't support landline faults over our messaging platform", if you still need our help phone us from your landline, whoever designs these systems does a brilliant job at stopping you making contact, so how can I make contact to resolve my issue?

31 REPLIES 31

Hi there @markbivvy, thanks for letting me know about your landline also not working.

I'm not sure why the tech would have not come back to rectify this issue with the outside cable. Just to confirm when you have spoken with the team did they advise that this was the cause of the issue?

If not are you able to check here to see if there's anything else that could help with this?

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Nathan..i have tried all of this and nothing works.i am dizzy going around on the virgin media circus roundabout

Thanks for checking for me, as this is still not working we'll need to run some further checks on our end so I'll send you a PM to confirm your details so this can be done.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

hi.

tried all the online help from vm, the chaps who put the outside new cable in told me it was a common fault for the phones not to work after a new cable install.

when i phone the house from my mobile i get the ringing sound as thought it connected but no ringing from the house phone.

family and mates are phoning and think we are out.

due a doctors call anytime thats not going to happen by the looks of things

(I'm not sure why the tech would have not come back to rectify this issue with the outside cable)
i think this is what they call" buck passing" seems to happen a lot from the vm workers we get at the house.

If not are you able to check here to see if there's anything else that could help with this?
that tells me everything is working fine.

Thanks for chatting with me via a private message @Fostermason. As advised a tech has been booked to take a look at this issue. You can see this appointment via your online account here.

Please be advised if the appointment is missed or the fault is not with any of our service there will be a £25 charge added to the account. If you do need to reschedule I'd recommend doing this at least 24 hours before.

Regards

Nathan

Thanks for checking this for me @markbivvy, I think it would be best to send you a PM to confirm your details so I can check things from here.

Regards

Nathan

Hi N.
tried to send you a pm this morning and cant do it(no reply option)
i have sorted the email problem, but still without a land line.
vm help line still telling me i have the wrong password despite it being the same for over 16 years,and booking 4 home visits and changing my account details about a month ago with our password.

Hi there @Fostermason, thanks for chatting with me via a PM.

I'm glad to see your issue has now been resolved.

You know where we are if you need anything else.

Regards

Nathan