cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working

Niall_G
Joining in

My landline has stopped working. When called from another phone a ringing tone is heard but the house phone doesn't ring. i have tried two different phones in my house - niether of temgets a dial tone when used.

Your service checker says there is no problem. 

Please advise.

7 REPLIES 7

Ajb1975
On our wavelength

I’m having the same problem. No known issues but my phone is dead. 

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Niall_G, thank you for getting in touch. Sorry to hear of the issues you are having with your landline. 

I will be able to look into this for you and book a technicians appointment if needed! I will send you a PM to confirm a few details and get this sorted. 

All the best. 

Molly

Hi @Ajb1975, thank you for letting us know. Sorry to hear you are also experiencing issues with your landline! 

I will be be able to support with this, I will just send you a PM to confirm a few details first. You will be able to find this in the top right corner of the page in your inbox. 

We can then return to the public thread with an update. 

All the best. 

Molly

Our landline has not been working since an update was carried out in our area yesterday - we are getting no dial tone and calling from outside just gives a line busy response. Your online status facility just goes around and around in circles with the suggestion that there are no issues.

Hi @KESOWL, sorry to hear of this!

I will also need to send you a PM to confirm a few details to get this resolved for you. 

You will be able to find the PM in the top right corner of the page, in your inbox. 

All the best. 

Molly

Niall_G
Joining in
I had to cancel your engineer visit due to needing to work. Amazingly the phone worked when I got home. i suspect you didn't need to visit at all and found a problem with your equipment.

Hi @Niall_G, thanks for your post once again.

No problem at all, and really glad that everything's working for you again without the need for an engineer!

Please let us know if you need any further help in the future.

Many thanks

Tom_W