cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working

Marie14
Joining in

My landline is not working. No dial tone. No problems in area according to system. No fault with our phones that I can see. Obviously cannot call to report the fault so how and where do I report this fault please? Thankyou.

4 REPLIES 4

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Marie14, thanks for your post although I'm sorry that your landline isn't working.

I've just checked our systems for you, and there doesn't appear to be any faults that are affecting landline at the moment in your area.

Can you kindly confirm the following:

- Is your phone plugged into the master telephone socket, or an extension socket?

- How many pieces of equipment do you have connected to the phone line?

- Can you please check another handset if possible, and if your current handset is fully charged/charging?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi

Yes the phone is plugged into the master socket, and we only have one piece of equipment on the phone line, also have checked another handset and that is not working either.

Thanks for your reply @Marie14.

With this in mind, I want to arrange a technician to come out to you to get the problem fixed!

I'm going to pop you a quick PM now to ask you to confirm some details - please expect this to arrive within the next minute or so and reply directly.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Marie14, thanks so much for confirming the details requested privately.

I've booked the technician in for you, so please expect a confirmation text message as to when this will be.

You can also view your appointment time and date (and reschedule if necessary) via your My Virgin Media app.

If the issue for the technicians apppointment is as a result of misuse, neglect, accidental or willful damage, or if the technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your personal equipment, you will be charged £25.
If the appointment is missed there is a £25 charge for a missed appointment.

Please let me know if you need any further help!

Many thanks

Tom_W