cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working

lojelo5
Superfast

It's down in my are DN49QW and it's also down in the DN449LF area's of Warmsworth.

Tried to get through to report this, having been on wait for 55 minutes then another 15 minutes to be told he couldn't do much so put me through to 2nd line support but the cancellation team answered!! I wasn't waiting again so told them I would just wait till it started working again.

Looks like a few people in the DN3 & DN4 areas are reporting this issue hopefully it will be sorted.

28 REPLIES 28

Still down here DN49QW also still down in the DN39LF area.

Is the issue reported here with an estimated fix time lojelo5?

Rob

Hi Rob 

I checked the service status before posting and like yesterday it's still saying there is no problems, I've just done it again and once again 

We can't see any issues affecting DN49QW

Checked at 13:08 today

Ps.. There is no fix date because its showing no problems the same thing is happening with the sisters phone line and service checker.

Hi lojelo5, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

Checking our systems today, there is no longer an outage showing as affecting your line directly anymore. 

As you are still having an issue, we will need to get an engineer out to take a look at things further for you. I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi lojelo5, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. 

I appreciate your concerns however as mentioned previously, any area fault has since been resolved so when running through checks at this end, it is advising an engineer id required. 

Due to this there isn't really anything else we can advise. I have left notes on the account to confirm that an engineer has been advised so if you want to book the visit, just let us know. We can can do it in advance so we can set the date for a time after your isolation period has ended. 

For now, the phoneline may continue to be off until the engineer has visited. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Kath

Like I stated last night your test were showing nothing and clearly still not showing anything.

I have replied, like I have said via pm the engineer doesn't need an appointment to my house just visit the areas of DN49QW & DN49LF areas both are in a close proximity and both areas are still down.

I'm on mobile again now.

Hi lojelo5, 

I can see the area fault was registered on the account later on after speaking with Rob. He recorded this on the account but that has since been closed as resolved. There is no longer an area fault showing on the system as affecting you. 

We are always monitoring the network though and the reports of faults so if another fault is raised, it will be updated on to the Service Page. 

If you continue to have issues in the coming days, and are happy to revisit the idea of having an engineer visit, let us know and we can get things booked for you. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi kath 

I have just got off the phone the issue is not resolved like I have been trying to tell you. I asked for the fault reference number which is 1956 3194.

This has an estimated fix time of 48 to 72 hours

There is a lack of communication at VM that needs to be sorted because you sending engineers out to customers is costly and unnecessary all because a lack of communication within.

Hi lojelo5, 

Thanks for updating us. 

This isn't a fault reference number. These start with F00 and putting that in front of the numbers you have provided brings nothing up so I am unsure on why you've been given this number. 

Either way, I can only go by the systems in front of me. It's also worth noting that should we book an engineer and then there is a fault, this would be cancelled. 

As you've spoken to the team, I will stop replying now and leave this with them. 

Keep us posted on how things are after the 72 hours have passed. 

Take care, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

OK then kath so like I have said about VM need I say more

So I phone up you can check this yourself on my account via my o2 number I asked for the fault reference number and this is what I am given!! So who is in the wrong here? Me doing someone else's job or VM employees telling porkies to customers.

Let's put it this way Kath you can see my account, you can see I phoned and spoke to someone so why don't you yourself ask the person who I spoke to the simple question *why did you give a false fault number to a customer* and come back here with the correct fault number? It's not my job to find the truth.

I am not having ago at you personally Kath please don't take it that way, I am just annoyed at the way VM are not communicating with each other at the moment, it makes us the customer's look like liar's.