cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working

rjwb
Tuning in

My landline isn't working in either direction. No dial tone. If I dial the number it goes straight to voicemail. It's a traditional plug in phone.

I just tried with another phone, but same result.

Does this need an engineer visit?

Thanks

Richard

10 REPLIES 10

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi rjwb,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your Landline service. 

To confirm, is the handset plugged into the main socket?

^Martin

Yes, it's the only socket as far as I'm aware!

Thank you for that. I am happy to take a look into this for you. 

I will private message you now to confirm your details. 

^Martin

I just sent another PM, now I have agreed another 18-month contract with you - I need to get this resolved please

Hi rjwb, 

I can see that you have been speaking with Martin via PM, and he advised that your landline would now need to be connected through your Hub to function. 

Do you have the small white adapter to be able to do this?

Thanks

Beth

I wondered if that was what he meant! No, I don't have an adaptor - can you send me one?

The hub is in a completely different place to the phone socket in my house, but I guess I can still use a phone extension cable or something like that to run the phone cable to the router?

Hi rjwb,

No problem at all! However if you would like an extension fitting, we can arrange an engineer to set that all up for you for free.

I'll pop you over a private message now so I can arrange that with you and get an adapter sent out to you.

Thanks!

Beth

I haven't seen a PM yet?

Thanks

I connected the phone to the hub using the adaptor you sent, but there is still no service in either direction. The hub status page says 'telephony (disabled)' so maybe there is something you need to activate at your end?

Either way, can you advise next steps? Maybe we need to rebook that engineer visit?

Thanks