cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working

pablojaime
Joining in

There has been no dial tone from my landline for several weeks. We only have one handset and can't dial in or out. We have tried different phones too, but can't seem to resolve this. Please can you help?

Thanks 

14 REPLIES 14

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @pablojaime,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear you're facing some landline issues recently. I've checked over things on our systems and I'm unable to detect any faults on the line currently that would explain this. Are you facing any issues with your broadband service too, or just landline?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Both TV and broadband are working fine.

Hi @pablojaime,

Thank you for checking and confirming. Is it possible for you to test a different landline handset at all? That can help to eliminate this potentially being an equipment related fault.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Yes we already have tried that. We bought a new phone assuming it was the phone broken.

Hi @pablojaime,

Is there any other troubleshooting and diagnostics that you've tried in an effort to remedy this?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

I'm not sure what else to try. It's plugged in and charged and connected to the phone socket.

Thanks for the reply on the forums @pablojaime 🙂

Are you able to reboot the Virgin Media hub for me please? Or a hard reset? Pop a pin in the reset pin hole for 40 seconds.
As well as that, are you able to try some of the home checks as well please, which can be found here.

Let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

That hasn't made a difference unfortunately.

Hi @pablojaime thanks for your reply, sorry to hear this.

You mentioned above that the phone is connected to the phone socket, but can you confirm if this is your standard telephone socket or via the adapter through your Hub?

Many thanks

Tom_W