cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working

pg1811
Joining in

No dial tone and incoming calls don’t work. Service Status says phone is working although I haven’t been updated via text. Tried to report via website but all the links go round in circles and don’t actually allow me to report a fault 

6 REPLIES 6

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi pg1811, 

Thanks for taking the time to post about the issues you're having with your landline and reporting this to us. It's great that you've come back to us in the Community.

We're sorry that you're unable to get a dial tone or receive incoming calls but rest assured we're here to help. 

Taking a look at things this end, there are no open area faults affecting the landline services so this looks more like an individual issue. There are a few checks I will need you to go through. Can you let me know the following please:

➡ Does the landline work if plugging a different handset into your socket?

➡ If you don't have another handset, are you able to try your handset in another socket?

➡ When calling any number, do you get any tone/sound?

➡ I know you have mentioned that you can't receive calls, but do you know if when dialling your landline it rings at the callers end? 

If you can come back and let us know the answers to the above. It's possible we may need to get an engineer out to you so please ensure you come back to us here 🙂

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath

I don’t have another handset to try but I can confirm there is no dial tone.

When dialling the landline from another phone there is no ringing tone. There are a series of clicks then the call fails.

Hope that helps diagnose the problem,

Thanks

Hi pg1811, 

Thanks for coming back to us so quickly on this. 

When checking this again, it looks as though an outage has been raised since we spoke earlier. This points to it being an issue overall in the area and not just with your line. Rest assured the engineers are already on the case and working to get things back up and running for you. 

The latest information tells us the estimated fix time is 5:25pm later on today although as the repairs progress, this can change. 

Please let us know how things are after this time and we can take another look in to things then. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Ok, thanks for the update. The line has been out since Sunday morning so please can I register this for compensation.

Hi pg1811, 

I have already raised the work order on the account for you so it will automatically be assessed for compensation once the fault has closed. You can view more on the automatic compensation scheme here

Please let me know if you have any further issues. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Thanks again