cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working

GTate
On our wavelength

Last night in our area, we had a power cut. Everything is back working again now, including our internet service, but not the landline phone. I cannot make any calls, nor can any be received, although all connections are sound; I've checked this. I'm not able to phone 150, obviously, nor do I wish to make potentially expensive calls on my mobile. I checked the local service status but no problems exist - apparently. Maybe it's just our local junction box? This has happened before, so I would like an engineer to come out and check asap. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi GTate, 

Thanks for your post and it's great having you back here in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that a power cut has knocked your landline offline. Taking a look at things this end, I can see there is a fault in the area affecting you. The details of this are below:

• Fault reference number: F009987183
  • Estimated fix time: 25/07/2022 16:00:00
  • Description: Virgin Phone || You might find that your Virgin Phone service isn't working at the moment. We are investigating and working to resolve as quickly as possible. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Due to the fault, we're not able to arrange an engineer just yet. Once the fault has closed, if you are still having an issue, we can run through further checks with you and go from there. 

If there is anything else we can do, let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi GTate, 

Thanks for your post and it's great having you back here in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that a power cut has knocked your landline offline. Taking a look at things this end, I can see there is a fault in the area affecting you. The details of this are below:

• Fault reference number: F009987183
  • Estimated fix time: 25/07/2022 16:00:00
  • Description: Virgin Phone || You might find that your Virgin Phone service isn't working at the moment. We are investigating and working to resolve as quickly as possible. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Due to the fault, we're not able to arrange an engineer just yet. Once the fault has closed, if you are still having an issue, we can run through further checks with you and go from there. 

If there is anything else we can do, let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs